Followers

Thursday 1 September 2016

Monochromatic

Good Morning,

My Crafty Friends, Visitors and Follower,

I hope you are all doing well?
Can you believe its September, the nights will
soon be drawing in and it will Christmas before
we know it.

I would like to welcome my new follower
Laine  Kammeraad.

Today sees the start of challenge 78 over at

Emerald Faeries

The theme for this challenge is

Monochromatic

If you are not sure about the theme, let me explain
all that it means is using one colour but in different
hues  ( Colour tones).  Need more help? then
please pop over to the challenge blog and see
the great cards my team buddies have done .


Our sponsors for this challenge are:-

Crafty Ribbons




and

Wild Orchid Craft
Prize £10 Gift Voucher

I have made my card using the new image from
Emerald Faeries and her name is JEWEL.

DETAILS

1. Card is 8 x 8 and I have matted it with backing card from my stash.

2. Next layer is brown card and I have embossed it using the butterfly
embossing folder from Crafters Companion.

3. I then look the both backing cards and before I adhered them to the
card I wrapped a piece of brown lace across the centre.

4. The image was printed onto Neenah card and I have used my new
Derwent Inktense Pencils to colour her. As I am using shades of
brown only the pencils I have used are:- Madder Brown and
Dark Chocolate. I then used water to blend the colours and
give the shading. I then die cut the image using a Tattered Lace
die and used Tim Holts distress ink Vintage Photo around
the image.

5. The image was mounted onto the card using foam tape and I
have added brown pearls at each corner of the image and at
the corners of the embossed card.

To complete I created a bow also from brown lace.

So there you go, my take on a Monochromatic card
Cannot wait to see your creations.

Thanks for calling and for all you lovely comments, I really
do appreciate them.

Until Next  Time
As Always
Take  Care and Happy Crafting

Jennifer xxx

I would like to enter this into the following challenges
Deep Ocean Challenge # 136 Things with wings
Die Cuttin' Divas # 281 A/Goes
Lemon Shortbread # 23 A/A/Goes
Sunny Day Crafting # 12 A/A/Goes
Through The Craft Room Door A/A/Goes

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your monochromatic card Jennifer. I like the colors you have chosen too. Well done my friend.
    Hugs Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jennifer, I love the different hues you have used to create this gorgeous card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer this is a stunning card I love it. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Jennifer, a super image and lovely monochrome design.
    Pauline
    x
    My Personal Blog: Crafting with Cotnob

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love this stamp Jennifer and she looks lovely coloured in the Sepia tones.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Jennifer, I like the image and the papers
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous, I love projects done in this color type. So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card Jennifer. The sepia tones and cute fairy look fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! A "JEWEL" ;-)
    Thanks for joining our ATG challenge at Through the craft room door!
    Hope to see you back next week!

    Aly DT member TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really neat card, love the colors!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Die Cuttin' Diva's
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful monochrome look. Fabolous details with the lace and embossing. Thanks for playing at Lemon Shortbread and good luck. Hope to see you back later today for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I do appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog. Jennifer xxx

A Rose So Sweet

Good Morning My Crafty Friends, followers and Visitors Welcome to today's  challenge  #  105  over at  Creative Craft Cottage...